Benefits of Membership:
- A subscription to LINK, our monthly
newsletter, informing members of future
activities in the economic development field,
including activities sponsored by CANDO, its
members, and others;
- A listing in and a copy of, the CANDO
Member Directory, a valuable networking and
resource tool not available to non-members.
The Directory lists banks, consultants, real
estate developers, and other firms and
institutions. It also lists all of our
community-based members, with contact and
location information. Only CANDO members
receive this valuable directory;
- Free mailing labels of other members (upon
request; valuable for direct marketing);
- A one-stop resource on a wide variety of
questions relating to neighborhood economic
- Financing services, including
microlending, to which members can refer their
neighborhood businesses or use for projects;
- Individualized technical assistance to
nonprofits, in areas such as industrial
development, retail attraction, real estate
development and financing, etc.;
- Seminars and training programs to advance
your economic development skills and
knowledge, either free or at reduced member
- Corporate Members (i.e. sponsorship of
$1,000 or more) receive the additional benefit
of being listed as a /contributor to
CANDO in all of our publications (e.g. Annual
Report). They also receive the CANDO
corporate publication, Partners in Progress.
Member Categories (all membership applications are subject to Board approval):
- Voting Members - are eligible to vote for
and hold office as CANDO board members and
officers. Voting Members include:
- Chicago nonprofit organizations, with a
focus on economic development, that
- service neighborhoods with specific
- Affiliate Members - are all members who do
not meet the criteria for Voting Members.
These include citywide nonprofits,
organizations outside the city limits, groups
with an emphasis other than neighborhood
economic development, and for-profits.
Affiliate members cannot vote, but are
eligible to serve on the CANDO Board.
- Corporate Members - for-profit members.
They receive all of the benefits that other
members do, with additional benefits such as
recognition as a sponsor in all
CANDO marketing material and publications.
CANDO also has a corporate publication it
sends only to these members.
How to Sign-Up:
Contact Angela Moore, Associate Director of Member Services at CANDO
312-372-2636 x. 236
Or download an application and mail it back to us:
(Please note: PDF files are very large. Also, you will need Adobe Acrobat
to read these files.)