Chicago Association of Neighborhood
To provide overall direction for CANDO’s daily operations,
setting a tone of common mission and professionalism for the organization’s
staff. To provide programmatic oversight, while exploring new policies and
initiatives, assuring the effectiveness of the organization. The EVP/COO will
work at all times in close partnership with the President/CEO, the Board of
Directors, and with other senior management team members. The EVP/COO will
assume the responsibilities of the President/CEO in his absence.
Areas of Responsibility
- Supervise and assist staff to ensure duties and projects
related to CANDO’s mission are completed in an innovative, effective and
- Ensure the capacity of staff to perform quality work on a
day-to-day basis through staff meetings, internal and/or external assessments
and individual staff performance evaluations.
- Support in managing the direction of all membership
efforts of CANDO.
- Oversee on-going activities and working groups to engage
and strengthen members.
- Coordinate event planning.
- Identify and pursue new opportunities.
- Ensure the short term and long term fiscal stability of
the organization through fundraising, adequate budget planning, execution, and
fiscal reporting to the board and funders.
- As a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI),
maintain relationships and recruit new capital investors for CANDO’s Self
Employment Loan Fund [SELF].
- Supervise functions related to invoicing/vouchering and
manage accounts receivable and payable.
- Enhance the organization in operational areas related to
facilities, technology and marketing of products and services.
- Manage government contracting and responses to RFPs,
RFQs, and NOFAs.
- Direct the planning and operation of administrative
functions, which include but are not limited to: human resources, insurance,
management information services, legal, research, purchasing, and office
- Must have at least 5 years of senior management
experience in a complex organization, having demonstrated effectiveness as a
manager, including organizational change and project team building.
- Graduate degree or equivalent training in business
administration, finance, public or non-profit administration.
- Proficiency in budget development, technology management
and governmental contracting.
- Demonstrated strong strategic thinking and problem
- History of involvement with community development
Competitive salary with full benefit package.
Please send cover letter listing attributes and experience
with resume to:
Ted Wysocki, President & CEO, CANDO
123 W. Madison, Suite 1100; Chicago, IL
Fax: (312) 372-2637 Email: email@example.com
No Phone Calls Please. Request for confidentiality will be
CANDO is an Equal Opportunity