PLEASE NOTE: CANDO's services are available to MEMBERS ONLY.
For membership information, go to the Become a Member page.
To access any of these services, contact us at email@example.com,
or call 312-372-2636, and we'll direct you to the staff person who can help.
SITE ASSISTANCE & PLANNING
- Strategies to redevelop your local retail strip or industrial park
- Brownfield identification, training, technical assistance
- Geographic Information System maps of neighborhood sites
- Project-specific planning and design services
- CANDO Industrial Committee
- CANDO Real Estate and Planning Committee
- Identification of retail development opportunities
- Development of a marketing strategy for your neighborhood
- Marketing of your neighborhood at national retail conferences
- Access to dozens of area developers and retailers
- Listing in our Member Directory, a resource used by local retailers, developers, and planners
- CANDO Commercial Committee
NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION SUPPORT & ASSISTANCE
- Neighborhood Planning
- Program Development
- Seminars for Local Industrial Retention Initiative [LIRI] organizations
- Organizational Development assistance- to help your non-profit form a board, develop a fund-raising plan, compose a redevelopment plan, locate consultants, etc.
- Orientation to community economic development for new nonprofits and chambers of commerce
- Outreach to members to solicit feedback on our services and support
- Our monthly newsletter, LINK, listing conferences, workshops, grants
- Best practice guidelines
- The Human Capital Development Initiative, including employment seminars and an upcoming compensation survey
- Membership Committee
SMALL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT & SUPPORT
- Microloans to small business owners in the City of Chicago
- Information on Community Express SBA Loans and technical assistance
- Training and assistance on small business issues, including marketing, accounting, finance, etc.
- Information on our participation with the Small Enterprise Capital Access Partnership
- Entrepreneurial identification and resource support training for Chambers of Commerce, Business Associations, and Community Development groups
- CANDO CRA & Business Finance Committee
- Intelligence on local and state public policy initiatives
- Access to a 220+ member coalition of like-minded advocates on issues of work force development and economic development, including the Community Re-investment Act and the Work-force Investment Act
- Participation in CANDO's advocacy efforts
A NETWORK OF CONTACTS & EXPERTS
- Access to a coalition of experts, including 80 other neighborhood development organizations; over 40 banks; and over 100 architects, real estate developers, planners, retail brokers, public relation firms, and technical assistance providers.
- Regional networking meetings
- CANDO staff offers decades of combined experience in community economic development
- CANDO's 20 years of experience and proven ability to
link you with the right resources
This list will be periodically updated.
If you need help, but don't see a service listed here, contact us anyway:
we'll do our best to serve our members' needs.